Press and PR
The Press and PR team offers an expert service for maximising positive publicity opportunities and minimising the negative impact of sometimes damaging coverage. We develop innovative strategies using everyday language to communicate complex information. The team currently deals with over 450 press releases and in excess of 1700 media enquiries every year. 95% of press releases result in media coverage.
Our rapidly developing social media expertise has attracted the attention of our growing number of followers and we are gaining an enviable reputation for pro-active use of our accounts to head off potentially negative situations.
We can offer crisis media management, responding to media issues and enquiries and provide ‘out of hours’ and weekend emergency PR cover.
Our team have decades of experience in press and PR and includes ex-journalists so we are well placed to offer media training in a range of topics including interviews for broadcast and print media and using social media.
We have a dedicated internal communications team, highly skilled in crafting copy written appropriately for an internal audience using a full range of communications streams including intranet, email, team briefings, staff events, noticeboards, polls & surveys and printed materials.
Sponsorship and Advertising
The Sponsorship and Advertising team develops and implements corporate initiatives that generate savings and / or income through sponsorship and advertising support from commercial organisations.
The team can offer advertising opportunities on council owned inventory / property such as:
- Lutonline (residents magazine)
- Lamppost banner advertising
- Payslip advertising
- Roundabout sponsorship
- Specialist service area publications such as ‘Early Days’
Media Planning and Buying
The team advises on the purchase and planning of media in order to:
- Maximise the impact of campaigns through the use of a full range of media
- Ensure campaigns reach their target audience - this is an area of particular expertise
- Ensure campaigns are executed as cost effectively as possible (by buying advertising centrally we have seen a significant reduction in our advertising rates due to volume discounts). Clients benefit from our negotiated advertising rates in print, radio, outdoor, web and social media
Services We Can Provide
- Press releases
- Handling of media enquiries
- Crisis management and out of hours emergency
- PR cover
- Social media engagement and monitoring
- Internal communications strategy
- Creation of internal communications content
- Corporate sponsorship
- Procurement of media and advertising space at competitive rates
- Design and print brokerage service
Why Choose Us?
- Trained and experienced team operating within specialist areas
- Proven track record
- Understanding of the challenges faced to ensure maximum exposure when required
- Work across a wide range of media platforms to a diverse audience
- Fast and effective response to both positive and negative PR issues