The Luton Traded Services Major Transport Project Management team offer a range of services in the development and implementation of transport projects from small junction improvements to major transport schemes.
This includes the preparation of funding applications for larger projects to advice and guidance in areas such as planning applications. We will either manage the work of a variety of consultants and contractors appointed by you or alternatively we could procure these on your behalf. We can work in partnership with your in-house highways / transport team to your specification or we can utilise other LTS teams such as LTS Infrastructure as required.
Our project management experience is founded on the successful delivery of a number of major transport projects (schemes of up to £100 million), in particular:
East Luton corridor (£22m)
A mix of on-line dualling and new dual carriageway route to London Luton airport, involved multiple highway and planning authorities and multiple Network Rail possessions. Statutory procedures involved Highways Act Orders and Compulsory Purchase Orders (CPOs) Funded by Growth Area Fund (GAF), Community Infrastructure Fund (CIF) and Section 106 contributions.
Luton Dunstable Busway (£90m)
A segregated guided Busway to improve bus journey times in a congested corridor, including Real Time Passenger Information and level boarding at approximately 200 stops. It involved multiple local, highway, planning and technical approval authorities, including Network Rail and the Highways Agency. Statutory procedures involved Transport & Works Act, General Vesting Declarations and Open Space applications (Section 19 certificates). Funded by DfT Major Schemes funding, GAF and Section 106 contributions.
Luton Town Centre scheme (£24m)
A largely single carriageway completing the town centre ring road requiring multiple Network Rail possession to construct a new railway bridge and retaining walls.
Statutory procedures involved Highways Act Orders and CPOs. Funded by DfT Major Schemes funding, GAF and S106 contributions.
M1 Junction 10a improvement scheme (£30m)
Grade separation of an existing very congested roundabout, involving multiple local, highway, planning and technical approval authorities including the Highways Agency. Statutory procedures involved Development Consent Order. Funded by Regional Growth Fund, GAF and developer contributions.
Luton bus-rail interchange (£2m)
High quality bus interchange with measures to improve passenger security (real time passenger information, help points, and CCTV) connected to control centre in the town hall, and passenger drop-off area requiring co-ordination with Network Rail. Statutory procedures included Highways Act Orders and CPOs. Funded by GAF.
Our experience also includes other minor transport projects such as the north entrance to the Luton Airport Parkway Station, new pedestrian footbridge from Luton station to Hightown area and various traffic management and environmental improvements within Luton.
We Can Provide
- Advice and guidance with statutory procedures
- Preparing funding bids
- Scheme development
- Preparing Planning Applications and signing off Planning Conditions
- Procurement and management of contractors / consultants
- Liaison with third parties such as Network Rail / Highways Agency as required
- Project Governance arrangements, both in development and delivery phases
- Contract Management
- Liaison between the Contractor and your Streetworks Coordination team
- Preparing Benefits Realisation Strategies and Evaluation Plans
- Preparing for a Gateway Review undertaken by Local Partnerships
Why Choose Us?
- Dedicated team with extensive experience of promoting and delivering schemes through Transport & Works Act, Development Consent Order, and Highways Act / Compulsory Purchase Orders
- Knowledge and experience of working with most of the major consultancy firms
- Capability to include land acquisition services
- Experience of partnership working with the Highways Agency and Network Rail
- Flexibility in working with your in-house teams / consultants to your requirements
- Benefit from optimised rates for civils contractors and real time passenger information